Tuesday 28 April 2009

Clones to Omagh - Thursday 23rd April

Today was sunny to start with but clouded over as the day wore on. It's now raining as I sit in the pub with my pint of Guiness.

It was a day of two huge climbs that were hard but resulted in two nice long descents. The last third into Omagh was just perfect, especially the part where the road was closed as it was being resurfaced. It was smooth and quiet a little bit of boarding heaven!

In Omagh it took me a good hour to find a B&B, including a visit to a hostel for alchoholics, I was lucky they believed my story about skateboarding Ireland for charity and that I honestly hadn't been hitting the bottle! Was getting worried I might actually have to break the tent out.

Mrs Douglas my landlady was a star, running me to one of her friends for navigation advice for the following day, then driving me round to show me where the various options were. She also donated £5.00, so a big thank you to her for everything.

No comments: