Tuesday 14 April 2009

Drimoleague to Macroom

Today was much like yesterday in terms of scenery. I have never seen so much gorse as I have in the last three days and the lake full of dead tree stumps was a most peculiar sight. Weather was good found myself with sun burnt legs after a misty start.

The roads are hard work, even on the flat you need to work very hard to keep moving. As a consequence my right calf suffered today so I will slow my schedule for the next few days into Limerick to give it time to recover.

Big thank you to the guys at Dormey's bar who stopped me out on the road and between them stumped up €100.00 before sending me on my way. They did offer to buy me a pint but didn't want to get caught boarding under the influence.

I cannot fault the welcome I have received, or the way people have reacted to me, most motorists give me a wave although a passing motorist did stop to give me an L plate...

No comments: