Tuesday 14 April 2009

Kanturk to Charleville

Today was yet another day of wet, dry, wet and up, down, up, down. It was a short day to let my calf recover but a very good day until the head wind I encountered on the run in to Charleville. Still finding the work rate required just to move forward even on a downhill quite incredible.

Thank you to the lady who stopped me out on the road on Freemount and donated her loose change €0.72, every little helps!

Tomorrow will be another short day into Limerick, and after that I will push the mileage back up. Current mileage to date is approx 113 miles, over a quarter distance done. Will be running a day behind schedule by tomorrow night but have days in hand still.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Well done, Smythie - keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Go Alan!

This is awesome to read. You're the first man out there to do this, I'm sure, and I think can speak for quite a few folks when I say that your story and journey is touching hearts all over the place...but they'll come and say that for themselves hopefully!

Much much love, friend!

Laura xxx