Tuesday 14 April 2009

Mizen Head to Goleen

Hail showers en route to Mizen Head had me wondering what skateboarding on marbles would be like. Luckily by the time I reached Mizen Head the sun was out, then in, then out...you get the idea! This becomes a theme!

So my first six miles on Irish soil, and yes I do mean soil, those roads sure were muddy, least I think it was mud. It was up and down and I'm glad I was only doing six miles (due to the 2.00pm start). Not because wasn't enjoying it but because it would have taken me too long as I couldn't help stopping every ten minutes to stare at the stunning scenery.

Thanks to the ladies in the Mizen Head visitor center cafe who kindly bought my lunch for me.

Thanks also to David and Pauline, members of ther Oxford Fiddle Group, and fellow guests at the White House B&B, they donated €10.00

No comments: