Tuesday 14 April 2009

Goleen to Drimoleague

Today was long, lots of ups and downs, tried to rain on and off all day but never seriously. Again the scenery was amazing. Had a nice pub lunch, Cajun salmon, to break up the day. I never realised there was so much water in Ireland, Dave get over here with your kayak. Left the peninsular behind today so 'No Sea 'til Malin Head'

Thanks to the woman in the white Nissan Micra who stopped and told me she had read of my journey and proceeded to donate €20.00.

I think Ireland might be the only country in the world where you have to push your board downhill, forget foot breaking just head for a rough patch and before you know it you have not teeth let alone fillings left and you have rolled to a stand still.

1 comment:

boardfreedave said...

I shall prepare a kayak to trip to Ireland immediately!