Tuesday 28 April 2009

Omagh to Derry - Friday 24th April

Today can be summed up in one word...WET! It rained all day. The roads were good for the first 20 miles then turning bad for the last 20 as I boarded up the west side of the River Foyle. It was a hard day. The highlight being a stop at Tony Currys Barbers in Strabane, for a cuppa, a donation and a supply of Dragon Tiger Balm! That came in very useful in what was my longest day on the board, helping my tired muscles recover overnight.

As I approached Derry the rain became torrential and a very kind soul picked me up, delivering me to the B&B Janine had booked for me earlier in the day. I would have a little back tracking to do in the morning.

Two days left and 40(ish) miles to go, should be good for a finish on Sunday!

No comments: