Tuesday 14 April 2009

Macroom to Kanturk

OK, so I set off in the morning and it's dry but the skies are grey overhead. I ask a lorry driver "Is this the road to Kanturk?", "Yes" he replies, 20Km later in pouring rain having almost lost it trying to foot break on a river cunningly disguised as a road. I have an epiphany, well not quite. Actually what happens is a passing motorist stops and asks if I'm OK? I ask him if this is the road to Kanturk, he says no that's north your heading west! He turns out to be my saviour getting me back on track and will accept nothing for his trouble. This is typical of the people I have met so far, they are all so incredibly helpful.

So back on track, and from soaked to topping up my sunburn, the sun has made an appearance. It seems I have left the mountains behind, for now, the horizon looks relatively flat, not Cambridge flat, but good enough for now.

The day ended much better than it started and all is well with the world.

To top it all off the Arigle Lodge B&B in Kanturk donate €10.00, thanks Helen!

No comments: